
Third Eye Blind
A Collection
[5/5]
Regardless of the radio fever, pop culture phenomena, and MTV mania, Third Eye Blind are one of the best popular rock groups of our time. This compilation of greatest hits, concert favorites, and unreleased bonus tracks casts a glimpse into this band’s ingenuity and raw talent, and it’s damn good. For the most part, the album chronologically leads you through their years (the songs don’t fall out of this order until Motorcycle Drive By). Starting with their first radio single “Semi Charmed Life” and closing with the finished and lyrical version of the Blue track “Slow Motion” (One of my personal favorites), A Collection allows you to rock-out just as much as it allows you to cry. Stephen Jenkins reminds us that the pop world isn’t just rainbows and butterflies: His lyrics are filled with edgy romantic break-ups, suicide, and fleeting drug addictions. My only complaint is that the album is missing one of my favorite 3EB songs, “I Want You”, but I think I can deal with it.


No comments:
Post a Comment