Air
Pocket Symphony
[3/5]
You know those times when you get a new CD and all you want to do is share it with somebody? When someone finally agrees, you have to pick one song to show them. Here’s where the problem comes in: Which track do you show them? If I had just bought the new Air album, I’d be in a bit of a dilemma. And this is not because every track is so good. There’s simply nothing that stands out on this album. Although it’s thoroughly enjoyable, Pocket Symphony isn’t the best work by Air. The album feels like you are drifting through a dreamy ocean, never really knowing where you are on the album. I’ve listened to this album a dozen times, and I honestly can’t pin point a single track on it. But there are some benefits to this style of music: The somnambulant rainy day music makes a great listen while doing school work. But that’s not really saying much.


1 comment:
Great work.
Post a Comment