8.29.2006

Girl Talk


Girl Talk
Night Ripper
[5/5]

A mash-up track is created when an artist takes a couple of hit songs and combines them into a single track. These tracks are normally played on the radio for a little change-up; an attempt to reinvent a classic hit. Last year, Green Day’s American Idiot was mashed-up with artists like Eminem and Oasis, and it was a huge success. Another great mash-up album was Danger Mouse’s (formally recognized now as the greater part of Gnarls Barkley) twist of Jay-Z’s Black Album and The Beatles White Album. Typically, mash-up albums are hit-or-miss. This album is definitely a hit: It combines over a 160 samples from some of the best songs of our time. The non-stop party pleaser features a range of artists, including (but not limited to) The Notorious B.I.G., Elton John, Phantom Planet, The Game, M.I.A., The Pixies, 50 Cent, Weezer, Oasis, Kanye West, The Beatles, No Doubt, Puff Daddy, The Clipse, Daft Punk, and The Smashing Pumpkins. This album will certainly be a hit at even the worst party. By far the best mash-up album I have ever heard. You must check out this beautiful masterpiece.

No comments: